BILL WITHERS / Bill Withers Mixtape

This entry was posted on Monday, October 15th, 2012 at 12:56 am and is filed under Classic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “BILL WITHERS / Bill Withers Mixtape”

drfeelgoed Says:
October 15th, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Listening to it now, excellent, also great write up, thanks again.

kuhu Says:
October 17th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

the moments i am moved to respond are few and far between. re the bill withers feature, simply thank you. i am thankful to be alive. i am thankful to be african. b.o.l. is the archive of love.

Deborah Says:
November 26th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for this marvelous selection! I was really flying high listening to this rather long and luscious collection of some of my favorite Bill Withers songs. You’ve done it again!

tayari Says:
January 1st, 2013 at 10:47 am

been gone for a while, too. imagine when i saw bill withers! he’s one of favorites of all times. balm to my soul/spirit.

The Danny Church Band Says:
May 15th, 2013 at 1:48 am

What a wonderfully expressive description of this man’s essence. One can truly sense the plaintive longing and simple directness of Bill Wither’s voice, which is a quality quite unique to him. I had not before considered the contradictory lyric content of his songs, nor had I considered his diction and phrasing and how this influences the timbre of his music. I really enjoyed reading such an interesting perspective on his music.

Dr. D.P.PhD Says:
July 4th, 2014 at 10:03 am

Thank you for your labor of loe. You have introduced me to so many great artists. Since I did not grow up with black music besides jazz, my catalogue of seminal artists is still spotty. I would love if you would continue putting out the mixtapes for download.