JOSE JAMES / “Facing East Concert”

This entry was posted on Monday, December 28th, 2009 at 1:50 am and is filed under Cover. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “JOSE JAMES / “Facing East Concert””

John Washington Says:
December 28th, 2009 at 8:56 am

Thanx for this concert, Kalamu. Happy you left it unedited. Wonderful music!

jetrocket Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 8:29 am

I’m so glad that you are sharing this. I checked it out during the early fall when it was circulated and thought it was amongst the best of the year’s musical offerings. I hope Verve releases this but I thought the JC estate did not give its permission. Also I also love Dwight Trible — check out his recent work with Build An Ark – Love Pt.1

taro nombei Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Looking forward to this so much.
Thank you for all the music and knowledge and experience you have shared with us this year and more.
Best wishes for 2010 — may it bring joy, good health and peace.

cruzcontrol Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Wow is this wonderful and right on time! Thanks so much Kalamu, what a gift!
Blessed sounds to prepare for what’s ahead.
Happy New Year … come on 2010!

Mtume Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 7:53 pm

I have eight versions of “Naima” in my iTunes that I _really_ like and I’ve easily heard another ten or so that I like some but not enough to hold on to. All that, and Jose _still_ came up with a new and beautiful way to rock that melody. You gotta love it….

Mtume Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 8:07 pm

I ain’t trying to blow up your comment box Baba, but now I’m listening to “Equinox,” and damn, my man is bringing it! … I’m just hoping and praying that the new album won’t be completely on some ol’ grown ‘n sexy shit. We want the jazz, Jose. Jazz.

R. Joyce Johnson Says:
December 29th, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Reverence is what he gives when he faces East. His new one BlackMagic still shines the light. I believe as he music is. Thank you for all you share with us.

lebo Says:
December 31st, 2009 at 4:54 pm

“Adds to Trane and Hartman” Really? ***raises left eyebrow*** Ok. Lemme go check this out.

Rick Says:
April 3rd, 2011 at 6:47 am

This is a beautiful album. Don’t try comparing it to Coltrane’s work. Just enjoy the hommage. And a great band

terrifitc blog Says:
October 19th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Just spent the last hour checking out your posts. great stuff