BOBBY WOMACK / “Bobby Womack Mixtape”

This entry was posted on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 1:08 pm and is filed under Classic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “BOBBY WOMACK / “Bobby Womack Mixtape””

Tuta Says:
June 29th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Helluva piece Baba. This gon’ make me go look up Bobby Womack and read up on him. He (along with Teddy Pendegrass) is definitely one of my favorite singers. Man, they shole had some good music back then.

Ukali Says:
July 2nd, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Brother, please, do this Soul Man a favor… since you got “Someday We’ll All Be Free” in the jukebox, please add “A World Where No One Cries” (available on the ONLY SURVIVOR compilation or his THE LAST SOUL MAN album).

Bobby Womack is the real deal! His voice so natural; his style so unique; his delivery so believable. At one point I thought the music world would be Womacized — with imitators and Womack wannabees — but can’t nobody do what he do!

When you get around to writing that fuller piece, talk about the women who, uh, “enhanced” his life and career. And don’t forget his left-handed, upside-down guitar-playing.

Thanks for reminding us…

Joyce Says:
July 26th, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I am such a Bobby Womack fan. I have been praying he will perform somewhere I can be. It would be such a treat. Thanks for the tribute. It seems all my favorite artists are complicated souls…I can relate!

leroy owens Says:
January 7th, 2011 at 10:55 pm

bobby womack the man ,i hope things work out ok jet dec 13 2010 bobby said the doctor reveal signs of prostate cancer.

bad smells Says:
July 29th, 2015 at 8:01 pm

fantastic put up, very informative. I’m wondering why
the opposite specialists of this sector don’t understand this.
You must proceed your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

Annette Lewis Says:
December 16th, 2015 at 8:14 pm

That was beautiful, I loved the good bad and the ugly about my soul man Mr. Bobby Womack