ANGELA BOFILL / “Under The Moon And Over The Sky”

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 24th, 2008 at 11:58 pm and is filed under Classic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 Responses to “ANGELA BOFILL / “Under The Moon And Over The Sky””

Big E Says:
August 25th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

I agree with you Kalamu on the “I Try” song. Couldn’t hurt to check out Will Downing’s version of this song. Probably gives Angela’s version a run for the money!!!

RATES Says:
August 29th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

I had never heard of her before. The Style is reminiscent of a jazz-percussion-woodwind-opera-like fusion, not at all dissimilar from the music made popular by Andreas Vollen Weider, well at least this song audibly feels like that to me.

Thanks for the very interesting listen.

PicoHarmo Says:
February 15th, 2011 at 11:50 am

Interesting discussion on this beautiful song. I had never head of Ms. Bofill till two weeks ago, when I heard “Over the Moon…” in Starbucks of all places. I loved it, so asked the assistant for the name of the singer and song. It came from an inhouse compilation they were using. The song sounds so fresh that I assumed she was a new artist–what a surprise to learn it was from 1978 and one of her earliest recordings. A major talent, a gorgeous song. (She is no longer singing, but is touring in a show, apparently, as os 2011. After her stroke, she can no longer walk but can talk. She tells her life story and another woman sings the songs. Sounds like one courageous lady to me.)

chillie willie Groove Says:
February 23rd, 2011 at 12:56 am

Those were real vocalist with a real agenda and purpose to there singing which captivated an appeeal of a real heartfelt love songs.They do maje them like angela bofill nor phyllis hyman i would know i waas one of her percussionist. She was gorgeous and too talented my boricua sister. I love you much..

Armando Arroyo Says:
August 21st, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Love Angela Bofill, Listening to the record album Angie. On the A side love Under the Moon and Over the Sky. On the B side love Summer Days. And yes, Will Downing’s Version of “I Try” is so good and so is Angela’s Version. Thanks for posting an awesome article!

shai Says:
May 10th, 2013 at 11:06 am

I was so young when this came out. I forgot about it and then the opening line had me again. SMH. Beautiful. You can tell she was classically trained. Wished we had more quality music like that now.

Beruckti Says:
September 30th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Under the moon and over the sky is a beautiful art piece. When I play this song, I am lifted( like a bird in flight), like a angelic being returning back home to Yah. So many visions of perfect peace enter my mind. With the afro-Latin beat that gresonates as the tune crescendos thru the break I feel the her strength as a proud black queen that everyone stops to adore. This tune goes down in history as one of the great ones. Bless you Angela.

the “REAL” Best Break-Up Songs – #1: Angela Bofill – I Try – Darian Johnson's Favorite Things Says:
February 3rd, 2016 at 12:24 pm

[…] guys from the “Kiss of Life” state it best: There was something about that song that captured the whole raw outpouring of […]

george candreva Says:
November 3rd, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Please, if anybody can help me obtain the Piano/Vocal sheet music or transcription in lead sheet form of Angela Bofill’s song called ” Under The Moon And Over The Sky,” I’d be extremely grateful.”
I’m not having any luck tracking it down and I really must have it, ASAP!
A nice precise PDF of this beauty would really make my day. I’m willing to
send payment if the music is accurate and complete, also! Again, please
direct me to how and where I can get this song now. Thank You! George.