This entry was posted on Monday, August 18th, 2008 at 12:01 am and is filed under Contemporary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “ESPERANZA SPALDING / “I Adore You””

Stephanie Renee Says:
August 21st, 2008 at 8:29 am

I am sooooo thankful to have popped in this week and read this article. Stumbled across Esperanza in the iTunes Store a few months ago and loved her music as soon as I heard it. Now reading your masterful account of her backstory, I’m an even bigger fan. Been trying to awaken some of the courageous music inside me for a while now, and reading about other women who’ve been through a similar path is very encouraging. Thanks, as always, for the passion and honesty in your write-ups!

Kiini Ibura Says:
August 26th, 2008 at 3:51 pm

This story is truly inspiring on so many levels: it inspires me as an artist, as a mother, as a woman, and as a human being. Baba, thanks for sharing her story in such depth.

Jennifer King Says:
August 29th, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for sharing ! Wow! What a talented young woman. I am elated to own a copy of her CD. I have been playing it nonstop since I purchased it. I played the cello for years and was a part of the Virginia youth orchestra. Listening to Esperanza causes me to rekindle the memories of those days of playing, although her music is much more hotter and more eclectic!

Kyla Says:
December 21st, 2008 at 11:43 pm

What about her lyrics? I think they need serious work.

jerome taylor Says:
June 23rd, 2009 at 10:57 am

What an amazing story of an artist so young and innovative. She inspires me to dig deeper in terms of expressing my music. I’m also impressed with the fact that she is an excellent sight reader as well as an accomplished technician. Also an excellent vocalist. What a breath of fresh talent!

Louis Sinclair Says:
June 1st, 2011 at 6:42 pm

What a talented young person who obviously has a beautiful soul. If she didn’t, her music wouldn’t flow and she wouldn’t be in such a great groove. Thanks to her for sharing the love; her hard work and the gift she gives her listeners. Your article is very insightful. Thanks!