BILL WITHERS / “Hello Like Before”

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 18th, 2008 at 11:56 pm and is filed under Classic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “BILL WITHERS / “Hello Like Before””

Wil Says:
May 19th, 2008 at 2:23 am

I want to thank you guys for broadening my music education. These past 2 years I have waited for your instalments every Sunday while I was working in East Africa, the US, and Haiti (Give Haitian music a run please).

The last two weeks really helped me speak to a friend of mine who has been seing a married man while not being to preachy.

Than you so much for your hard work and dedication. I have discovered so much because of this site. For example, I plan to visit Peru because of the Susana Baca pieces you had in the juke box.

Peace and blessings

Kiini Ibura Says:
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:15 am

I love Bill Withers. He is a classic artist: the power, or should I say self-assured gravity, of his voice. His storytelling. His sharp awareness and human consciousness. and his beautiful music.

I love him and I loved hearing some songs I wasn’t familiar with from him.

Kiini Ibura Says:
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:16 am

Though I have to say I’m not enjoying the “Dream Time Mix.” Soft is okay, but dreamy is all wrong for Bill Withers. Withers is earthy, Withers is real, WIthers is grounded. He takes me deeper down into reality, not out into the clouds.

Humaru Koroma Says:
June 9th, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Come back Bill, we miss you…Let me be the one you need! Beautiful !

Humaru Koroma Says:
June 9th, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Cynthia Koroma, we’ve all been here…
“let me be the one you need”

Tangela Says:
September 19th, 2008 at 11:57 am

up until a few months ago, I’d only known of 5-7 Bill Withers songs because they were the only ones playing on the radio. but I purchased his greatest hits CD back in July(this year) and let me tell u, I LOVE HIS MUSIC….”Let Me Be the One You Need”, “Hello Like Before”, “You Just Can’t Smile It Away”, “Steppin Right Along”, “Harlem”, “You Try to Find A Love”. And those are just a few of the songs that I and my fiance have fallen in love with. Mr. Withers, where are you? The music industry needs you back. I LOVE YOUR MUSIC….your cd has been in my CD player for the last month or so.