CHOCOLATE GENIUS / “Ain’t That Peculiar”

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 11th, 2007 at 3:52 am and is filed under Cover. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Responses to “CHOCOLATE GENIUS / “Ain’t That Peculiar””

IckMusic Says:
February 13th, 2007 at 1:54 am

Chocolate, Gonzo, and NYCD

A few nudges in various directions tonight…

Tonight, I was flipping the channels and thankfully came across the latest ‘American Experience’ on PBS,  focusing in on New Orleans. One of the folks offering their  in…

Pete Says:
February 13th, 2007 at 1:57 am

Great post. I loved Marc on Bruce Springsteen’s latest Seeger Sessions tour. Great tune posted. And Kalamu, I just saw you earlier tonight on American Experience. Well done!

Audrey Says:
February 15th, 2007 at 11:44 am

Thanks for Nina and Dianne Reeves. All were new to me. I especially enjoyed the Marvin Gaye selections. I had to remind myself that I was working while listening. It was on his music that I learned to dance.

I, too, saw you on American Experience–great comments! Great program! I knew that you would be there. Keep on, keeping on.

Rudolph Lewis Says:
February 16th, 2007 at 1:38 am

“Ain’t That Peculiar” is an extraordinary piece of song writing–quite complex in its construction. Six lines and then a four-line chorus (on which Marvin improvises and extends), with the last three lines (expressing the “peculiar -ality”) almost like the third line of the classic blues lyric. I’m quite bowled over by it.

And then there is Marvin’s vocal (without backup and instruments) what an extraordinary contrast. The man could sing. I could listen to his singing without backup and instruments, all night long. The man could sing. What a voice, what timing–he could swing a tune!

John Says:
March 31st, 2007 at 8:12 pm

Where can I find Ain’t that peculiar by Chocolate Genius? I was struck by it at the end of the American Splendor movie and have to have it. It doesn’t seem to be an any of their CDs. I don’t know Chocolate Genuis at all but if his stuff is like this song I’l be loving it all.

Mtume says:

It’s not on any of the Chocolate Genius albums but it is on the American Splendor soundtrack. The rest of the soundtrack is mostly classic, swinging jazz. (If you saw the movie, you heard all of the songs from the soundtrack.)

the penguins of madagascar intro Says:
January 7th, 2015 at 5:37 am

I’d been encouraged this site by way of my uncle. I am just not good whether it publish is definitely prepared by using him or her since nobody understand these specific concerning this difficulties the penguins of madagascar intro. That you are incredible! Thank you!