LIL’ FLIP / “Sunny Day”

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 26th, 2006 at 1:08 am and is filed under Contemporary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 Responses to “LIL’ FLIP / “Sunny Day””

hardCore Says:
November 28th, 2006 at 12:31 am

60 Things That Killed Hip Hop:

mic ratings
black on black crime
mtv cribs
big name video directors
rolls royce
size 4XL white tee shirts
the “i don’t write my rhymes down” myth
video vixens
rap snacks
playa haters
BET uncut
and finally

Tuta Says:
November 28th, 2006 at 1:27 pm

Mtume, as you well know – I think you take shit too serious. Trying to explain these lyrics is bullshit, ’cause most of the time, they don’t mean shit.

If you ask Project Pat about his lyric, I bet you he’ll tell you that he pronunced “leave” as “leav-uh” because it rhymed good with “Tina”. If you listen to Project Pat’s music, he always throws in a extra syllable or two to make his shit rhyme (just like when he said he was a Gorilla-luh).

Just enjoy it without trying to make sense of it…

reny Says:
November 30th, 2006 at 7:51 am

“Should I” is from The Roots Phrenology sessions and it’s like their joint with e badu with more bpms and misogyny

ReppinTEXAS Says:
March 27th, 2007 at 11:47 pm

your should fucking do some research on the LIL FLIP thing though man, Cuttino Mobley is an NBA basketball player, FUCKING ignorant people man, and the "yellow-bone" hoes, damn, hes just talking about hoes man, like fucking low life bitches

Mtume says:

Next time, try reading all the way to the bottom, Texas. Like I said in the original write-up:

"I’m just kidding about the Cuttino thing. He is, or was, the starting two-guard for the Houston Rockets. I say ‘was’ because he got traded to Orlando. And then to Sacramento. And then he signed a big free-agency deal with the Clippers."

And, Flip’s not "just talking about hoes." He’s talking about a specific…. You know what? Forget it. I can’t believe I was actually about to try to explain what "yellow-bone" means.

Money Makin Texaz Says:
April 8th, 2008 at 8:12 am

Mann dawg, stay off of everybody’s nuts…just cause you like those liitle fantasy raps and dancing those bullshit dancing songs don’t mean that everybody should like them too. Like Pimp C said, “you can eat a dick”…..and “QUIT HATIN THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!”

Jays Says:
November 19th, 2008 at 6:27 pm

okay smart mouth you make a rap song that rymes and makes since.. you think to hard….. so tell me wat came first the egg or the chicken..

tmac Says:
October 24th, 2011 at 3:49 pm

This is the funniest post from top to bottom, that I have read in a while. The comments are just as funny. Thank you for your efforts and contributions

dark indie music Says:
December 2nd, 2014 at 6:17 pm

This is just a fantastic site