LIL’ WAYNE feat. ROBIN THICKE / “Shooter”

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 26th, 2006 at 1:14 am and is filed under Contemporary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 Responses to “LIL’ WAYNE feat. ROBIN THICKE / “Shooter””

Mr. Bomani Says:
March 26th, 2006 at 11:45 am

when i went to 3.5 in new orleans, there was this math genius in my class named romus. romus was from "pigeon town" (the same area wayne grew up). my podna’s home was shot up a few times, before we managed to graduate in ’90.

point: everyone knew wayne went to mcmain. everyone knew he was from "pigeon town" nestled under them dealers/killers. we also knew the kid didn’t finish high school.

the truth is: wayne is an asshole. ask any of his former hot boys cohorts and they’ll tell you that. so even if he could pen something more interesting than gangsta 101, he won’t.

as far as rapping goes, dudes was speaking about this talented rapper from uptown, before cash money, when he was only 11 years old.

no doubt about it, dude can write. blame it on ice cube, but i’ll listen to some of that shoot’em up shit if the wordplay is laid out properly.

4 kids later, and some peppered gray has got me leaning toward kalamu these days. i’m tired of the lack of growth, and i don’t feel like dancing.

hardCore Says:
March 28th, 2006 at 3:23 pm

we ask for mentally stimulating thought provoking music. but it seems to me, lately, our mentaly stimulating thought provoking artists just aren’t funky enough. or maybe they just can’t write a catchy hook. because the ignorant cats are funky ass hell, their hooks are catchy ass hell, and it it seems, everybody has justified listening with their feet–maybe because it’s too painful to listen with their ears.

Sean Says:
March 28th, 2006 at 8:49 pm

The Leno performance was great. I have been enjoying since it showed up on the Web (Don’t think I’m gonna watch that show!) I believe that you can still pick up the mp3 of the performance at
I laughed when you said “don’t run out and buy Beautiful World” because I almost did! Thanks for teh heads up. Anyway, that’s how good that song is. I was about to buy the Thicke!

2 Says:
April 4th, 2006 at 10:30 am

(bad website link the first time)

Shallow life = Shallow music

Just ‘cause it sound good, don’t mean it have to make sense.

Baba I’m simultaneously where you was with “Brickhouse” (I don’t listen with my brain), and where you are now (I hate the message). The way I justify my listening though, is I just say ‘these doods are just telling stories’. Like you say, we know that half the shit they rap about ain’t real – unfortunately it takes many of our ignorant bretheren to get caught up or killed to realize the same.

There are too many socio-political issues intertwined to make a true definitive statement about the effects of “gangsta rap” in the discussed context – so I just get my bootlegs and bob my head…

chris Says:
June 5th, 2006 at 4:59 am

Im just hearin the shooter track now and hear that a video is in the works. i think this is just good music and as all of your last posts alot of things are thought of when the topic of rap music comes up. the game has definitely changed. probably more for the worst but now i pretty much listen to the beats that are produced because nothing is really worth listenin to unless the beat is hot. but i think that weezy spits FIRE.

renicia Says:
April 20th, 2007 at 12:53 pm

every time i hear the song (shooter) it drives my crazy
i definitly think they should come i with a new song —- lil wayne is the best rapper alive -to me if only i was 2yrs older !!!

doumbia Says:
June 17th, 2007 at 7:40 am

hello you are very good

kara Says:
September 25th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

hey baby u are very sexy and u are da best rapper i eva listened to.

destiny Says:
October 22nd, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Lil’ wayne I’m a huge fan of you”s I enjoy the singles ”amili”,”lollipop”,and ”got money”alot.
you’re one of my music role models.I hope to meet you in the future.You’re always in my heart.Peace,love,talk to yo lata.

April 8th, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Luisa Says:
February 23rd, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I have never been into rap music but Little Wayne really get me with his lirics

currina Says:
January 28th, 2011 at 10:54 am

omg lil wayne i love yhu yhu r sooooooo hotttt!!!!!!

brantianna Says:
February 27th, 2011 at 10:38 am

lil wayne u r so fuck n sexxy