50 CENT / “21 Questions” (DJ Crook Air Mashup)

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 4th, 2005 at 1:03 am and is filed under Contemporary. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Responses to “50 CENT / “21 Questions” (DJ Crook Air Mashup)”

Paul Says:
December 5th, 2005 at 12:33 pm

I am not German, but Dutch which as a language is sometimes pretty damn close. The title is not ‘BBC-German’ (as in BBC-english) but seems to be a dialect or Swiss-German. Clearly I am not an expert but I am pretty sure ‘I schanke’ means ‘I give’ (I give you my heart / 21 questions).
Really dig your site and the way you discuss music both from the heart and the mind. Peace!

Kiini Says:
December 8th, 2005 at 9:44 pm

Well, the mash up version does make the song seem more complex, a little more unexpected. Especially the half sung, half chanted into. That part especially sounded interestingly intimate. In my opinion, the rest of it didn’t survive the mash up.

cliche Says:
December 20th, 2005 at 5:47 am

I think it is fair to say that, despite fat kids and cake, 50 cultivates an image that is somewhat terrorizing ("The Massacre"). If we agree on this, then we might also agree that, if "21 Questions" is at times the playful banter of the kid at heart, it is simultaneously the menacing inquisition of a neurotic (possibly psycopathic) narcissist. My sympathy lies with the woman who is asked the impossible question 21 times. I cringe at each interrogation, hoping that she will come up with the right answer and imagining the consequences if she does not.

Mtume says:

First, let me say that the phrase "it is simultaneously the menacing inquisition of a neurotic (possibly pychopathic) narcissist" is one of the better strings of 12 consecutive words I’ve read in quite a while. (And Mr./Ms. Cliche, I read lots of strings of 12 consecutive words.)

Second, I agree with your point of view wholeheartedly. The undertone of menace is undeniable.

Third, thanks for writing in, and, for doing so so eloquently.

Mose Says:
January 12th, 2006 at 11:52 am

"Ich schaenke Dir mis Haerz" is Swiss for, like Paul said correctly, "I give u my heart." It was a really big hit in Switzerland a couple of years ago by a band called Zueri West ("Zurich W."). They played it all day long in all radio stations for a very long time. So every Swiss knows after two notes which song it is. That creates an immense effect when suddenly and surprisingly 50 is about to rap. A really great mash up.

By the way "I schänke dir mis härz" is a love song as well. The refrain goes like this:

I give you my heart
there’s no more that I have
It’s a good one
and there are many that would take it
but to you I would give it

Mtume says:

Thanks for the info, Mose.

achraf Says:
April 26th, 2006 at 3:48 pm

ça va 5cent

Indiana Says:
June 21st, 2006 at 5:10 am

I am a fan of 50cents music and I also thought this displayed a rather soppier side of himself, but I think it is cute that he is game enough to show his softer side.

starrbury Says:
December 31st, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Can somebody tell me where to get the mash-up song “I schänke dir 21 questions”?