DIANA ROSS / “I Will Survive”

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 18th, 2005 at 12:03 am and is filed under Cover. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “DIANA ROSS / “I Will Survive””

Rudy Says:
September 19th, 2005 at 12:42 pm

The Bonus Track is slamming!!!!!

I have to make a comment on the remix/mashup created by The Legendary K.O, with lyrics by Big Mon and Damien (aka Dem Knock-Out Boyz). I have been playing this remarkable piece of black creative energy over and over and over. I just can’t get enough of it. It is a vocal-visual portrait of the misery and anguish that our folks were put through in New Orleans, needlessly, a mirror of what black folk we as a people been put through at the Superdome, at the convention center, in their houses, on this planet. I love it. And I don’t usually like contemporary rap Every black man, woman, and child should have a copy of this rap. Play it until the plastic becomes thin. And go get another one, on and on. Play it from the treetops, in the parks, on the corners, at every party. It’s truth, not only about Bush, but America itself. For me this dope is smoking consciousness, a 365 Turn. It’s right on time. Just what the Doctor ordered, just what folks need. Serve the people, and we’ll get through this fiasco, this enormity.

As ever and always, Rudy

fabio Says:
September 20th, 2005 at 7:00 am

bom dia!
may i download maria bethana Sonho Meu 2 ?
muito obrigado por vc musica
excellente blog
fabio
Valeu !..

Marian Says:
September 22nd, 2005 at 11:20 pm

The original Diana Ross version is wonderful and haunting, perfect for this place and time. (Yeah, I am back in the N.O. area and missing both my Black and Jewish community)

I see that I missed some music over the weeks that I was on library computers. You didn’t miss a beat even with the storm?! Bravo!

Evaristo Says:
September 29th, 2005 at 4:33 pm

I love all the remixes on the Opolopo web site. Thank you.

DirtShaker Says:
October 2nd, 2006 at 5:47 pm

I always thought (quite sure) that “i will survive” was sung by Gloria Gaynor?

Redmond Says:
July 3rd, 2007 at 4:36 pm

cool man!

mike Says:
July 30th, 2007 at 11:39 am

I’M TRYING TO FIND A UNIQUE VERSION OF ”I WILL SURVIVE”. I HEARD IT ONLY ONCE BUT IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS A SLOW VERSION OF THE SONG. A WOMAN SANG IT WITH AN AMAZING VOICE. DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHO THE ARTIST WAS??

dancin queen Says:
September 24th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

My dance teacher used that song one time in a recital back in 1994. I honestly do not know who sang it but I too am looking for it now. If you found it since the last posting please respond.

Diana Ross: I Will Survive (1996) - Movie Says:
February 19th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Diana Ross: I Will Survive (1996) – Movie

Diana Ross: I Will Survive is a TV Movie of 1996. Director: Marty Callner

LifeSelector Hack Says:
January 19th, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant thinking, post is good, thats why
i have read it completely