JOY DENALANE / “Sign Of The Times”

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 26th, 2005 at 12:03 am and is filed under Cover. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Responses to “JOY DENALANE / “Sign Of The Times””

hristou Says:
June 27th, 2005 at 3:43 am

Sorry for my english (i’m french) Joy Denalane have a great voice. Thanks

Nash Says:
June 27th, 2005 at 4:51 pm

i’m really impressed.
she’s really creating something new…
and the percussion is great too.
nice one 🙂

Pierre C Says:
June 29th, 2005 at 1:52 pm

wow. y’know, i only wish that prince would learn to demonstrate the kind of restraint other artists do when they cover his tracks. (though to be fair, the original version is perhaps one of prince’s more restrained productions)

drfeelgoed Says:
June 30th, 2005 at 4:47 am

This cover is cookin’! Too bad it’s only @ 64 kbps. Anyway, thank you for introducing this singer, if her other work is just as good….

Kalamu responds

My bad! Each of the three featured songs are supposed to be at a higher rate. It’s been corrected. Is now at 192 kbps. Enjoy.

okyeame Says:
July 1st, 2005 at 4:49 pm

yeah. i’m definitely feeling this. sister sings with attitude and the guitar playing is hip. it’s grooving. i’ll be checking out this album. thanks.

Ken Says:
August 4th, 2005 at 9:17 pm

Thanks for introducing (many of) us to this wonderful artist. BTW–found a version of Ms Denalane covering "Four Women" ("Vier Frauen") in primarily in German–alternating verses in, I think, a couple other languages/dialects. Throws a backbeat on this one too a la the Loverman cover.

Mtume says:

Joy’s version of "Four Women" is from her 2002 studio album Mamani — one of Kalamu’s favorite albums, BTW.

Tina Says:
December 3rd, 2005 at 4:50 pm

Hey, EISH! A sister kept telling me “there this woman i need you to listen to” and I thought “ya ya ya, whatever”. And she finally passed the CD to me 2day.I was driving back home and listening to her in the car..wow…then I hear the first beats to Vier Frauen…I am like:thats Nina’s song…few secs later..That just sounds like Sara Tavares, wait a min..thats Sara,oh my God thats Sara…I drove so fast so I could hear the whole CD on the hi-fi..thats says it all..loved it.

Joseph Says:
March 31st, 2006 at 4:57 pm

Loved her last ablum, she has to be one of the mosted tamazing singer I’ve ever heard. Does anyone know when her next studio alsbum is coming out.

Angie Says:
April 23rd, 2006 at 3:35 pm

next studio album is slated for a summer ’06 release, as it states on her record company’s website. joy’s awesome!!!

celeste cambaza Says:
June 19th, 2006 at 2:53 am

my name is celeste i’m singer realy apriciate a the album mamani and the song could
was anch mier and ver fraunem
when shw sing with sara tavares with chowniso Marair
excelente nice work
the best joy

Velibor Obradovic Says:
August 20th, 2015 at 11:44 am

Dear lady, I am addressing you as a great singer and music connoisseurs.
I have been involved in composing and I have the perfect song for you. The song is protected under the name “South Africa” and it can be a big hit in the whole of Africa, USA, UK and so on.
If you are interested in a demo, I can let the mail, if you give me a signal. Song is perfect Best regards